cheesy grits--with chicken sausage
1 serving Grits (instance or coarse ground, choose preference)
1/8 cup Dietz & Watson NYS Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 oz Dietz & Watson Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 link Dietz & Watson Tomatillo Salsa Chicken Sausage, chopped
4 stalk Asparagus, chopped
1 Poached Egg
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 stalk Green Onion, chopped
- Cook grits according to directions, then mix in shredded Dietz & Watson NYS Cheddar and grated Parmesan Cheese.
- While grits are thickening, cook Dietz & Watson Tomatillo Salsa Chicken Sausage in a skillet over medium heat, with 1tsp of olive oil until browned and cooked through (about 7 minutes)
- Remove Dietz & Watson Tomatillo Chicken Sausage and chop link.
- Chop asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cook asparagus in same pan on stove top for about 3 minutes, or until bright green
- Top grits with chopped Dietz & Watson Tomatillo Chicken Sausage, green onion, asparagus and poached egg. Add additional salt & pepper as desired
gluten free, low carbs|seasonal