pesto pasta--with ham & provolone
12 oz Dietz & Watson Black Forest Ham, cut into ½ inch pieces
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup Dietz & Watson Shaved Parmesan Cheese
1 12 oz. box tri-color rotini or spiral shaped pasta
1 16 oz. bag frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables to boiling pasta water for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta and vegetables and return to cooking pot.
- Heat heavy whipping cream and water in a small, saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add butter, pesto sauce, garlic powder and salt.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook about 5 more minutes over low heat.
- Stir in ½ cup Dietz & Watson Parmesan cheese until melted. Pour cheese sauce over pasta and vegetables.
- Add D&W ham; stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.