parmesan prosciutto--green beans
- 2 lbs fresh french green beans, rinsed and snip stem end only
- 2 cups raw D&W Applewood Smoked Bacon chopped, 1/2" or smaller
- 3 cups raw red onion peeled, sliced thin
- 1/2 stick salted butter - 3 to 4 slices
- 1 tsp salt kosher
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 3 oz. D&W Prosciutto, pre-sliced pack
- 1 oz. D&W Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Cook bacon in large sauté pan over medium high heat. Stir often until bacon is evenly browned, or crispy. Remove bacon and place on paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Add onion to remaining bacon drippings in the pan and sauté on medium low heat, slowly, about 20 minutes until cooked thoroughly and caramelized. Stir in butter, salt and pepper. Set pan aside.
- While onions cook, place sliced prosciutto on paper lined sheet pan. Sprinkle with parmesan. Place paper over prosciutto and top with another sheet pan to ensure flat, crispy prosciutto chips.
- Bake prosciutto in 250* oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until crispy. Remove top sheet pan and aside.
- Blanch green beans in boiling water until tender. Drain in colander.
- Add blanched green beans to onion mixture in sauté pan over medium high heat and stir until mixed well.
- Place hot beans on a serving platter and garnish with bacon and parmesan prosciutto chip.