LUCKY GALS GET “HOST FAMILIES” IN ORDER TO SAVE LIVES!
The 2010 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure "Pretty in Pig" photo gallery. Courtesy Susan G. Komen for the Cure Philadelphia.
Even though our five Dietz & Watson Pretty In Pig beauties are, indeed, PIGS... they got a little antsy in their holding pens and had to get out!
The Susan G. Komen Philadelphia Affiliate and Dietz & Watson looked for some caring friends to "ADOPT" a big pig for a few days so that they could get out, see the town, and fundraise before the Race for the Cure, which occurred on May 9, 2010.
All of our Gals were:
· Extremely friendly and low maintenance
· Attention loving... especially in high-traffic places!
· A sure attention grabber in the office, business or at a fundraising event
· Easy to feed -- friends, colleagues and passers-by could fill her up with spare change for the cause!
The Gals were a little larger than normal—approximately 6-feet high and 3-feet around. Therefore, they were placed in open spaces with lots of foot traffic such as:
· Busy cafeterias
· Large corporate offices/corporate centers
· Shopping areas
· Sporting events (from the pros and minor leagues, to colleges and high schools)
· Fairs, craft shows, seasonal festivals, etc.
· Holiday parties, events of 250 people or more
· Any breast cancer fund- and/or awareness-raising event
Prefer Piglets, Perhaps?
In addition to the larger pigs, there was also a Pretty In Pig desk-top program. Ideal for offices, schools and countertops, they may have been little, but these cute gals sure did pack in the fundraising—and life-saving—power!
Helping our “Gals” also helped make our community so special and loving through raising important funds for empowering the Komen vision of a world without breast cancer. Whether they were "adopted" for a day or a week, the bottom line was that every penny counts when it comes to saving lives!
Please visit: http://www.komenphiladelphia.org/pretty-in-pig/ and http://www.komenphiladelphia.org/pretty-in-pig-ambassadors/ to find about more about our Pretty in Pig Ambassadors.
To learn more about this great program and possibly “adopt” a gal of your own contact Vicki at 215-238-8900 ext 107, Victoria@KomenPhiladelphia.org.
For more information on Dietz & Watson, please contact Steve Riley, Director of Marketing at Dietz & Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org
© Dietz & Watson, Inc. 2013. All Rights Reserved.